Safe and Fun
We’ve been working these past few months to put a plan together that follows State Required Guidelines and CDC Recommendations that will provide a safe and fun experience for both our guests and our crew members.
1. Only the Haunted House: We will only be opening the Haunted House this year. While our Asylum and Haunted Hayride attractions are wildly popular, we’ve decided to close those two attractions for the 2020 season. The Asylum is a very close and personal, “in you’re face” style of haunt and we feel as though we could not provide the same level of thrill during the era of social distancing. The Hayride is best enjoyed with a large group of visitors traveling through the scenes together and while we could have spaced out guests we feel as though the core of the experience would be lost.
2. Virtual Queue Line: Many haunts and RISE included will be implementing “Virtual Queue Lines” on our busy nights in order to keep the number of guests in line to a manageable size and allow for social distancing. When you arrive on site with your purchased ticket in hand, you will check in with a staff member and may be placed in the “virtual” line. If you are, you will be told an estimated wait time. From there, you can grab some concessions, social distance on site or wait in your car. When it is approximately your time to enter the actual line, you will be sent a text message and email.
3. Online Ticketing: We encourage every guest to take advantage of online ticketing to avoid waiting in line at the ticket booth. We will also have a Fast Pass option to allow guests to skip the virtual and normal queue lines.
4. Masks: As required by state officials, all customers will be required to wear a mask or face shield while in line and in the haunt. Guests who refuse to wear a mask will be asked to leave the premises.
5. Signage: We will have signage located throughout the premises reminding people to social distance and mask wearing requirements.
6. Sanitizing Stations: We will have hand sanitizing stations placed in key locations where guests and crew can easily use them.
7. Entering the Haunt: Guests will enter the haunt with only their immediate group and be reminded to stay at least 6’ away from any groups that they may encounter within the haunt. Groups will be let into the haunt on a timed bases to allow for social distancing. Group sizes will be limited to 6 persons as required by state officials.
8. Cleaning of Surfaces: Staff members will continuously wipe down all handrails, doors, restrooms and any other surfaces guest may come in contact with.
9. Temperature Checks: A staff member will check the temperature of every guest before they are allowed to enter.
10. Self Screening: We encourage anyone with pre-existing conditions or anyone showing flu-like symptoms to stay home and visit us in 2021. Stay Safe!
- All Staff will be wearing face masks as per the state officials.
- Staff Screening: All Cast and Crew will have Daily Temperature Checks and will be screened for symptoms and questioned about recent travel before entering the building. Actors who are sick with a fever or cold/flu symptoms etc. will not be allowed to work.
- Hand Sanitizing Stations: Hand pump sanitizing stations will be available throughout the cast areas of the attraction.
- No Sharing/Exchanging Costumes/Masks: Staff shall not be allowed to change costumes/characters/masks in-show, ensuring less cross-contamination. Nightly cleaning and disinfecting of masks, face shields, goggles, and costumes will be conducted via washing, wiping, and/or use of disinfecting foggers, following CDC cleaning guidelines and sanitation solution/mixture.